*Song: Tonight
*Artist: FM Static.
**iReally like the song and a little plot dragon flew into my head so here's the outcome!! :]
--
I watched as the rain fell. The soft calm rain, the sounds of the rain hitting the window pane as I watched it hit against the glass. A car drove by and I sighed, the lights shone in the darkness of the night and I had no idea why I wasn't asleep like the rest of the city. I closed my eyes and wiped away a tear.
I remember how we used to be together and the times we shared. I wonder if you remember about all those times...
I remember the times we spent together
on those drives
We had a million questions
all about our lives
and when we got to New York
everything felt right
I wish you were here with me
tonight
The radio played on as I was lost in thought. I pulled on my sneakers and opened the door. I forgot about my jacket and grabbed my keys before slamming the door behind me. I looked at the city streets, the rain soaking me. I ran away, running and wishing you were there...
I remember the days we spent together
were not enough
and it used to feel like dreamin'
except we always woke up
Never thought not having you
here now would hurt so much
I kept running. More memories hitting me. Can't you see? Sometimes you'd be asleep and I'd stay awake just to watch you sleep. You always looked like an angel when you were asleep. And I told you that I'd be alright when you were gone. It was such a lie...
Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up
I need your loving hands to come and pick me up
And every night I miss you
I can just look up
and know the stars are
holdin' you, holdin' you, holdin' you tonight
Why I was so stupid, that was a question that I had no answer to. I let my tears mix with the rain as I continued to run. The song played in my mind and I looked up. If only you could see. The city lights drowned out the stars. But I thought I could make out one or two.
I remember the time you told me about when you were eight
And all those things you said that night that just couldn't wait
I remember the car you were last seen in
and the games we would play
All the times we spilled our coffees
and stayed out way too late
I remember the time you told me about your Jesus
and how not to look back even if no one believes us
When it hurt so bad sometimes
not having you here
I looked around. I ran across the street. Everyone looked like you at the moment. I didn't know it would hurt like this. I told you that I'd be fine if you left me. What a fool. I stumbled upon the shop we ate together in, the one with the killer coffee and biscotti you loved. I grabbed the parking meter to keep my balance and ran again. I ran past the church you made me go to with you...
I sing,
"Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up
I need your loving hands to come and pick me up
And every night I miss you
I can just look up
and know the stars are
holdin' you, holdin' you, holdin' you tonight"
I run all the way to park and I fall. Where are you? Why aren't you here to help me up? I let myself cry, regardless of the fact that crying was a sign of weakness. I felt that wrenching pain on my heart and the rain stops.
I sing,
"Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up
I need your loving hands to come and pick me up
And every night I miss you
I can just look up
and know the stars are
holdin' you, holdin' you, holdin' you tonight"
I continue to cry though and I pull myself back up and closed my eyes. I think I can see you sometimes. And, my love, I miss you... Where are you? The stars hold the answers. You told me that I should just look up at the sky if I missed you. I miss you more than ever now. You're gone. Amongst the stars. And I know that if I were to drive out to the countryside, I'd see them and I'd know you're the one that shines the brightest.
I walked over to the slab of stone, the one that has an angel gril perched upon it and I run my fingers across the engraved name. Belle I miss you... my love... and someday... I'll join you. I look up at the sky, the heavens beyond and I know that everytime, you'll be there to help me if I fall. Because you're watching me, the stars are with you, smiling with you and I know that you're going to be here with me... for the rest of my life...
--
Soo...?