Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Love Bet: Part 24 ♥

The Love Bet; Part 24
--

Do you know how it feels to scream but no one hears you? Even when you cry? That was Mariete. Her sobs couldn't be heard, her throat was getting dry from all the shouting and yelling, her shoes were scuffed from attempting to kick open the door, her feet sore, her hands were red from hitting at the door that held her captive and her eyes hurt from crying. No one heard a word though, they had all gone out leaving Mariete alone.

Mariete looked at the analog clock on her wall, it ticked by slowly, so slow... Then the short hand hit the three and the long hand at the twelve. School had ended. She waited, staring at the clock, hoping to be released when there was a rattle on the doorknob and the door simply swung open.

"Yes, Derrick, I know you're an idiot sometimes," the girl giggle girlishly, "shut up!" the girl said though she was obviously not irritated with Derrick at all, "I'll see you tomorrow," the girl smiled, "bye, I love you too," the girl cooed before snapping her phone, no, Mariete's phone, shut.
"Give that back!" Mariete said as she lunged for it and the girl held it out of reach.
"What makes you think I'll do that?" the blue eyed girl smirked.
"Who are you, and what are you doing with my life?!" Mariete asked.
"You don't remember?" the girl asked as there was a knock on the door and Mariete's mother walked in just as the girl pushed Mariete into the closet and locked it, "hey mum, what's up?" the girl asked in a disgustingly cheerful voice.
"How was school today, Mariete?" her mother asked.
"Oh, it was absolutely wonderful," the girl gushed.
"That's great," her mother nodded then looked at her eyes with confusion, "but sweetheart, when were your eyes... blue? Aren't they green?" her mother asked fearfully.
"No, they were blue, you must've mixed them up with someone else's," the girl laughed to hide her nervousness.
"Of, course, you're probably right," the mother smiled to hide her uneasiness before closing the bedroom door, "but Mariete's eyes were always green like mine... Valerie's were always blue like her father's..." she whispered to herself as she shook her head, she was probably just seeing things...

Mariete banged on the closet and finally she was released. She took a deep breath and looked at the girl, glaring at her and she clutched her chest.

"You're Valerie aren't you? Why are you pretending to be me?" Mariete asked.
"OF course I'm Valerie, you see, dear sister, you're in the way and besides... didn't you try to kill me?" snarled the girl as Mariete's eyes opened wide.
"I never-," Mariete started.
"tried to kill me? OF course you have, it just didn't work, but you see, you were almost killed too in one of your plans, so who was hidden away?" Valerie asked, "ME!" Valerie snapped, "So, you're going to be hidden away too and I'll be the controller of your life now," Valerie said sweetly and Mariete felt chills going down her spines, "You'll be a prisioner as I have, and you better get used to it, because I'm going to royally screw up your life!" Valerie smirked before shoving her younger sister into the closet and locking it, "don't worry, you'l still be able to breathe," the blue eyed girl cackled before leaving the room...