Saturday, January 10, 2009

To Wish On A Star [prologue]

[prologue]

“To wish on a star,” Daphne said in a daze.
“What?” I asked curiously.
“I wonder what it like is to wish on a star,” Daphne replied.
“Hey! You can wish on one tonight at Star Falls!!” I said with wide eyes.
“Mum said that I couldn’t go, but it’s not fair that Brian can go,” Daphne whined.
“Why can’t you go?”
“Because, I’m 7 and Brian is 10!”
“That’s not fair,” I said upset.
“I know, but guess what; I’m going to sneak out!” Daphne chirped happily, she was obviously proud of her flawed plan.
“I don’t think you should sneak out… It’s not right…” I said worriedly.
“I hate you! You’re supposed to be on my side!” Daphne said in fury.
“But it’s not safe…” I whimpered.
“Miranda Grain, I’m no longer your friend!”
“Fine, Daphne Alexander Hernando, I’m no longer your friend either!”
“Fine!” Daphne said as she stormed off home.
“I hate you!” I yelled as she walked away.
***

“Miranda, come on down. We’re going to Star Falls now~” my mom called.
“Coming mummy,” I said.
***

“Daphne, your babysitter will be here soon. Bye honey,” Daphne’s mom stated as she kissed her cheeks.
“Whatever,” Daphne said as she rolled her eyes.
“Brian, darling~ it’s time to go.”
As Daphne’s mom walked out the door with Brian at her side, Daphne smirked. She had a plan; she was determined to wish on a star.

[End prologue]
--

“If I could wish upon a star, then I would be here in your arms…”
-Wish upon a Star; Samantha Mumba

- so what do you think?-

0 comments:

Post a Comment