Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Love Bet: Part 3 ♥

The Love Bet; Part 3
--

"Mariete! Wait up!" Someone shouted from behind the girl. Mariete turned on a heel, frustrated and locked eyes with Derrick.
"OH... HI... What can I do for you today?" Mariete asked in a sickening sweet voice.
"I was wondering if you'd go out with me this saturday," Derrick smiled.
"Of course I would," MAriete feigned.
"Really?" Derrick asked hopefully.
"Go flush yourself, loser," MAriete spat as she continued to walk to her next class.
"Nice show," a blonde girl smiled at Mariete as she passed by.
"Thank you," MAriete smiled politely as she continued her way to Biology.
"My name is Helena," the girl offered.
"I know who you are," MAriete smiled as she remembered the girl.

"Friends till the end," Helena promised.
"Of course," Mariete smiled.
"Pinky swear?"
"Always," Mariete agreed as they locked their pinkies with each other and smiled.


"How do you know of me, but i not know of you?" Helena asked confused.

"We can't be friends anymore," Helena started.
"Why not?" Mariete protested as she eyed the outfit that Helena was wearing.

Helena was a nerdy girl like Mariete, but she had traded her usual no brand jeans and t-shirt for a designer pair of jeans and Jimmy Choo slides. She had on a black off the shoulder top and was holding a Prada bag.

"Because you'll bring me down," Helena snapped.
"So much for being friends till the end," Mariete sneered.
"Pinky swears don't last! Grow up and deal with it. We can't be friends," Helena hissed as she strut off in her slides leaving a very confused and hurt Mariete behind.


"Because I just do," Mariete said as she turned around, her skirt twirling with her.
"That's weird, but, I'm having a birthday party next week, and I was wondering if you wanted to come," Helena continued, oblivious to the pain.
"Um... I'll have to think about it," Mariete muttered as she hid her tears and stormed off in her white heels.

Mariete turned at unfamiliar corners avoiding everyone that was looking at her. She stormed away skipping Biology. She finally ended at the third floor girls' bathroom, and she cried. She slumped onto the green tiles and cried as she fingered at her white skirt. She was confused. She hasn't cried over Helena for ages. And seeing Helena, knowing, that Helena doesn't know Mariete was hard. MAriete regained composure and smotthed out her skirt. She turned to face the mirrored wall when she noticed a note on the wall.

'Friends Till The End -Helena & Mariete'

Mariete looked at the words that stung. It cut like a blade, but and she hoped time would heal the wounds. Mariete shuffled out of the bathroom and ran right into Victor.

"I am so sorry," Victor apologized as he helped Mariete up from the ground.
"Thanks," MAriete muttered as she took the hand and he pulled her up.
"I think I've seen you before," Victor mumbled.
"MAybe you have, but I don't remember you," Mariete lied.
"Maybe, I mistook you for someone.
"Most Likely, but excuse me, I have to go," MAriete whispered as she turned and got ready to run from Victor. She couldn't risk getting her secret out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment