Chapter One!
A.N.: Italics mean that it is a flashback/memory.
--
"Hey mommy, look! There's a falling star!" I squealed with delight.
"Make a wish," my mom sang.
"I wish that-"
"Help call 911!! There's a girl here who got hit by a car and is severly injured!" a man screamed out of breath.
Everyone had rushed off to see the girl. I had a bad feeling that i knew exactly who that girl lying there was. It was the girl who wanted to wish on a star but couldn't. I was terrified.
I walked out the door of my house and walked around aimlessly on the saturday before your birthday. I passed the block where we had our fight and my brown eyes darkened with sadness.
"Daphene!" My mom gasped.
On the ground she laid. Her head was scrapped and her knees cut. There was a deep cut on her right knee that extended to her thigh. On her arm was a long jagged cut that would scar if it healed. Her eyes were closed and a pool of blood started to form around her, it trickled from her arms and legs, and everything changed.
You know, I really miss you, but too bad you aren't here. I still remember my last words to you, and how harsh it sounded. I remembered the two pigtails bounce into the distance as you stormed home. I blame myself for your pain and injuries, too bad your mom blames herself.
"Mummy, why is Daffy lying there?" I asked childishly.
"Um... She's asleep," my mom choked out.
"Oh..." I sighed, but i knew she was lying.
"Honey, let's just go home," my mom whispered as she wiped a tear off her face.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment