The Love Bet; Part 5
--
"Did you see that new girl?" Derrick asked as he studied his reflection.
"Yea..." Victor said roboticly.
"She's is effin' hot!" Derrick exclaimed as he mused his hair a bit.
"She looks familiar," Victor said quietly.
"It doesn't matter, a girl never resists my charms," Derrick smirked.
"Funny, that's why she turned you down this morning?" Victor smiled as he stiffled a few chuckles.
"Shut up," Derrick snarled as Victor leaned against the wall.
"Why? You can't get the girl to fall heads over heels with you?" Victor laughed.
"Since you're quite the looker, why don't you make her fall in love with you?" Derrick sneered.
"I don't make girls fall in love with me, that's disgusting," Victor said in disgust.
"If you can make her love you, then I'll give you four hundred dollars," Derrick offered.
"Fine, it's a deal," Victor said reluctantly as he shook hands with Derrick.
Mariete climbed down the ladder and made herself comfortable. She blew on the dusty cover and saw some gold lettering. She turned the pages and her eyes landed on her name.
'This diary thing is stupid, what's the point of it anyways? It's like, teachers have nothing better to do, so they decided to know about our personal lies. God... they have no f--king life. Mr. Hermit, get a girl instead of reading about ours. Although there is one girl... She's really pretty, at least in my eyes, she's not that tall and is currently dating my best friend. Too bad... sometimes I find myself staring as she walks, she started to leave her hair down, but it looks better in the messy bun. Her green eyes are always lighting up at something she finds. I'd write more, but I know you're reading this Mr. Crab, so you can just go screw yourself.' the boy chuckled as he wrote in the bound book.
"Yo, we gotta go dude," a voice called as the boy shut the assignment and chucked it into his bag.
Mariete stared at the slanted handwriting for a while then closed the book. She slowly got up from the chair and dusted off the white pleated skirt she was wearing and grabbed her bookbag. She checked her diamond watch and sighed. ELA would start in ten minutes. She climbed the ladder and slid the book back into its slot. The name had to be in the book somewhere.
Victor grabbed his bag off the floor and started to slip out of the bathroom. He walked down the halls and turned into the staircase. He had to get to Mr. Hermit (Crab)'s class in three minutes. He ran into a girl and fell down.
"I am so sorry," Victor apologized as he gathered the books that fell out of the bag.
"It was an accident," the girl smiled.
"I should've paid more attention," Victor mumbled not looking at the girl as he rose.
"Like i said, it was an accident," the girl smiled as she looked into the boy's eyes.
"Oh, it's you again," Victor smirked.
"Yea, and 'you' has a name, and her name is Mariete," Mariete giggled.
"And my name is Vic-," Victor started.
"Your name is Victor," MAriete smirked.
"I know," Victor laughed.
"I know," Mariete smiled as she gathered her books and shoved them carelessly into her bag.
"Well, I gotta dash," Victor smiled as he ran off smiling from ear to ear.
"BYE!" Mariete called as the boy's black hair faded as he ran up the stairs to the seventh floor.
Mariete stood there as she thought about how quiet Victor used to be.
'People change,' MAriete thought, 'Just like Helena, and people's views on others change, just like with Derrick...'
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment