Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Love Bet: Part 18 ♥

The Love Bet; Part 18
--

"Mom, can I go to school?" Mariete asked her tired parents for the millionth time.
"No, Mariete, you can't," her mother said hesitantly, afraid of hurting her youngest daughter's feelings.
"Dad, will I ever be normal again?" Mariete asked her dad.
"We hope you will," the tired father said wearily.
"Sometimes hoping isn't enough," Mariete huffed as she attempted to cross her arms once more and found that she couldn't, "I hate being me, it's taking so long too, all I do in the hospital is... well... nothing!"
"You'll get better," her mother tried.
"Mr. and Mrs. Welsh, can I talk to you for a moment?" the doctor said as he opened the door.

Mariete's parents walked out the door too, leaving Mariete in silence, and she hated silence now. Maybe before this accident, she would've liked it, it could let her think, it let her sort things out, but now, everything was set out, so clear, so simple, and all she thought about was how to get better. She couldb't even plot when she was like this.

"I hate my life," Mariete said as she wished that she could finally see, she no longer opened her eyes, for there was no need, she couldn't see anymore anyways.

***

"Even after she is healed, there might be some side effects because it states here, in her medical records..."

***

Mariete sat there, unmoving, she was sweating and tried to pull her hair away from her face, she couldn't. She hated herself for it. She felt so weak, she was used to feeling more prouder than this. She hated the fact that she was like that.

***

"She hit her head, pretty hard, when she was just five after she tried to..."
"We know perfectly well what happened," Mrs. Welsh said, holding up a hand to tell the doctor to stop.
"And in addition, she might remember all of those things... because like I said, she..."

***

Mariete called out for her parents, the doctor, the nurse, anyone. She was tired of being there, tired of going through the same thing. She felt like she had been through this before, but when? The last time Mariete was in the hospital was well... Mariete tried to think back so far, she tried to remember. She couldn't remember anything past the age of six.

'Well, I'm in 11th grade now... in 10th grade I remember almost getting ran into by a car, in 9th grade I remember meeting Helen and Derrick, in 8th grade I got my braces removed. And thank god for that, in 7th grade I remember meeting Andrea but she became a total bi*** so I'm not friends with her now. In 6th grade was when I first entered junior high and got my braces. In 5th grade, I remember the graduation, I was salutatorion, and in 4th grade I remember falling off the swings. Then in 3rd grade, my mum and dad brought me to California, and in 2nd grade I remember accidentally cutting myself with a knife... In 1st grade I remember me lying to everyone,in 1st grade I had forgotten something... I was lying about it too...' MAriete thought as her face scrunched up in thought.

***

"And she hit her head this time too, pertty hard, did you two ever tell her what may or may not have happened?" the doctor asked the parents, Brenda was clutching her husband's hand in a death grip.
"We can't tell her everything, we didn't want her to know," Harold said as he tried to comfort his wife.
"Maybe you should tell her everything about A..." the doctor continued.

What the doctor and the parents didn't see though was a boy, hiding in the shadows when he heard them start talking. He had heard everything and he left the hospital, just because he didn't know what to make of the whole thing. He was confused...

0 comments:

Post a Comment