Thursday, July 16, 2009

Poetry [The Song Keeps Playing]

I'm walking down the street,
All the way to fifth avenue,
The song plays in my head,

I close both locks below the window
I close both blinds and turn away
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes good bye's the only way


And I kick up the dried leaf,
And a pebble or two,
I keep walking,
Past the dog,
And past that deli,
I walked down the grey pavement,
And the song keeps playing,

And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey


I keep walking,
And the song keeps playing,
Two minutes pass,
And I'm still not there,
And the chorus repeats in my head,
Another minutes flies,
And the song is over,
Only to be replaced,
But I didn't cry,
No matter how much it hurt,
And I forced that smile,
And the song keeps playing,
I kick up a leaf,
And I kick another pebble,
I keep walking,
And as I reach fifth avenue,
I pull the device out of my pocket,
And type words I'll never say,
And I slip back in,
And press pause,
Wishing like the song,
I could pause my life for a moment...

And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey
And the sun will set for you


What I thought was a dream
A mirage
Was as real as it seemed
A privilege
When I wanted to tell you
I made a mistake
I walked away


And I closed my eyes,
For a second,
And the songs stopped playing,
And I looked up,
All of that,
Walking to fifth avenue,
With no goal in mind...

--
Song(s):
Shadow of the Day- Linkin Park
Gomenasai- t.A.T.u.