"Hey mom, I got the best grade in class today," Mariete beamed from ear to ear.
"Oh, that's nice," her mom said as she mixed the batter.
"Hey mom, today the best thing happened!" Valerie smiled from ear to ear, "I'm cheerleading captain!"
"Oh, that's great!" her mom said with more enthusiasm.
"I know! I can't wait!" Valerie said contently as he dipped her finger into the bowl to get a taste.
"Mom, my teacher said I'm the smartest in the class," Mariete added as she tried to keep the attention on her.
"Mom, guess what?" Valerie said, deliberatly keeping the spotlight, "I won first place in the gymnastic competition too!"
"That's great, we have to go celebrate!" her mom said happily as Mariete struggled to steady her trembling lip and jumped off the kitchen stool and back to her room and turned once only to see her elder sister blow her a kiss and smirk.
"Good morning Mariete, how are you feeling?" her mom asked cheerfully as she smiled.
"I'm doing great," Mariete lied.
"That's nice," her mother said.
"Mariete, Victor called," her dad piped up.
"I'll call him later, I need to catch up on school work," Mariete said dismissively before grabbing a plate of breakfast and bounding up the stairs to her computer.
It was a nice morning, it waqs a nice Sunday morning. She placed the plate on her desk and picked up a piece of toast and bit down on it before going outside to retrieve her artwork. Her finished artwork. She looked at the blue sky, dabbed with all the right shades, her used paint. And frowned, she didn't remember doing any of it. Then she saw a post it note flutter to the ground.
'Sorry, I finished the picture. Couldn't help it. -Victor'
For some reason, Mariete didn't mind. She was grateful that it was Victor who finished the picture. Then her forgotten cell phone vibrated loudly on her desk and she walked over to it.
'Hey Mariete, how are you feeling?'
Mariete smiled faintly and thumbed back a reply and turned on her computer. Then her computer flashed to life and she smiled. She opened a folder on her desktop (labeled Schemes) and she opened the document labeled The Love Bet. She was going to make Derrick pay no matter what and an email popped up. She double clicked on it.
To: iMariete.Welsh@hotmail.com [Mariete Welsh]
From: ValiantVal@aol.com
Don't you ever forget your past, I'm still watching you...
Mariete shivered and went back to typing. When her door opened to reveal Victor. She minimized the document and smiled at him.
"Hey Victor, what are you doing here?" Mariete said casually.
"Just checking up and trying to make sure you don't hit your head again," Victor teased.
"It wasn't funny!" Mariete protested.
"It wasn't, it was kinda scary," Victor admitted.
"I need to bring this down, I'll be right back," Mariete promised as she signaled at her plate.
"Sure," he shrugged as Mariete smiled and walked out the door.
Then Victor looked at the computer, there was a tab. The love bet? Victor's curiousity got the best of him and he maximized it once more. And read the whole document, eyes ripping across the page. Jaw dropping. He was shocked. And then he heard footsteps, someone was coming. And he minimized it once more and Mariete came in smiling.
"I have to go, my mom just called," Victor lied smoothly.
"Oh, okay, see you soon," Mariete said obliviously as he left the house and Mariete had no clue.
--
ooooOOOOOoooooo shit. Victor knows everything now!! ;xx
Dun dun dun duuuuuuunnn.
bad chapter anyways. Can't wait till it ends.